IIT-JEE 2006/2007 to 2009: Flashback,Nostalgia and etc...

Let me share my story with people who are unaware and IIT-JEE aspirants.

I wanted to be a doctor till I was in class 9.

Once I saw something about IITians in a news channel. To follow it I read about IIM, also and the very fact that these two type of institutes used one of the world's toughest exams to eliminate( not select!!) the candidates, inspired me to think of IIT and IIM.

I was always an average student and never thought that my life is so purposeful and all but few incidents happened with me which made me feel that there should be a reason to live life.

I searched everything but only 1 thing caught my attention, IIT. I fell in love with IIT.
I still remember that I was never ever a strong contender for an IIT seat for my teachers and people who knew me less but for me the only aim in life was IIT and I couldn't think of anything except IIT.

In addition to that, I got a percentage in class 11 far below what an average IITian gets in his/her class 11.

I took some serious resolutions to face this situation. It's always easier said than done. My life totally got changed, though I still felt quite depressed but I had a purpose in life, a deep desire to be quenched.

If you have ever been in love or seen somebody or just take an example of a bollywood actor in love; I was in a similar situation. My eyes searched news related to IIT in the morning newspaper (as I left watching television). My life was fully dedicated towards IIT. I reduced my sleep hours. I started to feel that I'm going in correct path. Summer vacation started and this was the period which made me feel that IIT is just a year away from me. I was more confident than ever.

Soon the school re-opened and due to a twist of fate my bench-partner changed and he was the school topper of DPS (class 10). These developments made me feel that IIT is not far from me as he really gave me a lot of confidence and impetus to excel in my career.

I started to feel like a Dipsite though I bunked many classes but still the feeling of being in DPS is pleasant, the spectacular pentagonal old primary section, ever increasing and happening senior building and good friends. Life was going pretty fine and I sensed victory. I felt that mission is soon going to be accomplished. Exams (board 12) arrived. I was well prepared and so it went smoothly. Then it was the real test of character the IIT-JEE.

Though my results weren't that good but there was a fire which kept burning inside me and I was left with sleepless nights preparing for the IIT-JEE.

In my first attempt I failed to clear the IIT-JEE and I was broken. I cried and cried very hard. It was like a girl rejecting you. I'd never felt so bad before, that was the only moment which shook my belief in myself but it takes something to be an IITian and so I soon thought that I was not meant to be an IITian but from somewhere the love for IIT stopped me from thinking in such lines and I rose from the ashes as a phoenix with a new rigor and energy to sustain the pressure of my friends, relatives and teachers. I was criticized by friends, relatives and close family members about my decision "to not take admission in an engineering college that year" but sometimes you need to rebel. The same critics of mine are now my admirers, it happens with everyone; even people like Amitabh Bachchan might tell you a similar story.

I would like to say that IIT-JEE was never a burden for me. I love IIT. I didn't want to talk with a girl at my school or tuitions because I didn't want to give any girl the position I had given to IIT. I love IIT
I wish you," BEST OF LUCK".

In life have your goal fixed and never lose hope.
“Destiny is one thing and honest attempt is another, you can create your destiny with your honest hard work and determination but vice-versa is not true.”
- Ashish Gourav (Me)


PS: If you are a JEE aspirant, check this out:10 Things to Do Before 10 days to IIT-JEE
PS: If you are not a JEE aspirant, I'm sorry for this post.

Article written by AUTHOR_NAME

WRITE_ABOUT_YOURSELF